We’re making progress in all six of our bond priorities. Lots of construction will be happening this summer. CONSTRUCTION: 6 PRIORTIES Safety & Security Collins Architects hired for consultation Current plans for 2 new schools will set safety standards for...
At this time last year, Kelso citizens overwhelmingly voted to approve a construction bond and educational levy to improve the learning experience for our students. We are so thankful for the support and generosity of our community, and continue to work diligently to...
With all the excavating going on at Schroeder Field, you may be wondering why they're moving so much dirt to put in a synthetic turf. What does it take to lay down some artificial grass, anyway? A lot, actually. Steve over at FieldTurf put the process into three steps...
- Resurface Schroeder Field with synthetic turf and replace stadium lighting system
- Provide irrigation to playing and practice fields at secondary schools
- Replace tracks at Coweeman and Huntington Middle Schools
- Replace elevator
- Repair spalling of concrete on columns and stairs
- Repair water intrusion through concrete seating and traffic areas
- Replace water damaged plywood and insulation below seating area
- Replace galvanized steel domestic water piping with copper tubing
- Add exterior wall hydrants
- Replace boiler
- Replace electric unit ventilators
- Replace pneumatic controls with DDC controls
Tell me more
The stadium is nearing 40 years old and requires upgrades to heating/ventilation, plumbing, and some lighting systems. Water intrusion issues need to be addressed along with replacement of the elevator for ADA access. Schroeder Field will be replaced with synthetic turf to allow for expansion of use for school and community activities, classes, athletic teams, marching band, and events. Tracks at Coweeman and Huntington Middle Schools will also be replaced. Irrigation is necessary to properly maintain playing field across the district.