Exciting news: we’re gearing up to start construction on the new elementary at Lexington.
More exciting news: we want your help naming the school, choosing a mascot, and picking school colors.
Our three-step process begins with YOU.
- Submit your suggestions by March 18th through this online survey: bit.ly/KSD-Name
- The Naming Committee, made of up stakeholders from Beacon Hill, Catlin, and our community, will narrow down your suggestions to a top 3 list and present them to the superintendent
- The school board will make the final decisions in early May
Please take a few minutes and share with us your good ideas. We want to hear from you.
BTW, guidelines for naming a new school fall under Board Policy 6970, and include:
- Name will be known to, and significant to, the people of the district
- Name won’t conflict with names of other schools in the district or surrounding districts
- Names of living persons will be avoided unless circumstances warrant exception
- Names of school board members and/or employees’ names will not be considered until 5 years after leaving the board, retirement, or deceasing.