Meet the Team
Our Facility Improvement Team has been meeting since January 2017, to take a good look at where we stand with our facilities, compare that to where we want them to be for our children, and map out a plan to get there.
Convened by the Kelso School District Board, the Facility Improvement Team is charged with undertaking a capital improvement planning process to keep district facilities in good condition and accommodate new and existing educational programming using sound fiscal practices.
For additional information, go to the Facility Improvement Planning page on the District website.
Conduct a Capital Needs Study and Survey
Prepare a comprehensive plan that focuses on the following strategies:
- Develop a long-range facilities plan that is fiscally responsible and builds upon the changing needs of the district and local community;
- Renovate, construct facility additions, or replace obsolete or worn-out schools on a systematic schedule to provide safe, up-to-date facilities that meet the changing educational program needs of the District;
- Provide for maintenance and system renovations or replacement on a schedule that:
- avoids accumulating deferred maintenance; and,
- ensures that buildings remain environmentally safe, function efficiently, maintain adopted levels of service standards, and meet existing and future facility needs;
- Incorporate updated school safety and security measures, and emergency response systems to expedite response and arrival of emergency responders in the event of a threat or emergency at schools; and,
- Provide for the ancillary facilities needed to support the educational programs and other non-education needs of the district.
We’d like to acknowledge the team’s efforts and thank them for all the time and attention they’ve given this project.
School Construction Assistance Planning from OSPI School Facilities & Organization
Retired Elementary Teacher at Wallace Elementary
Superintendent of Kelso School District
Senior Maintenance Specialist – Carpenter at Kelso School District
School and Demographics Planner from Davis Demographics
Kelso School District Board Member
Lead Mechanic at Kelso School District
Principal at Catlin Elementary
Architectural/Engineering Team Representative from Collins Architectural Group
Coach and Teacher at Kelso High School
Parent and Community Representative
Secondary Teacher at Kelso High School
Parent and Captain at Kelso Police Department
Financial Services/Bond Planning from ESD Financial Advisory Services
Facility & Maintenance Supervisor of Kelso School District
CFO of Kelso School District
Educational Planning Representative from Teeter Crocker Consulting
Principal at Coweeman Middle School
Former Kelso School District Board Member
Retired Teacher from Kelso SD, Parent and Community Representative
Transportation Supervisor of Kelso School District
Asst. Network and Tech Support Manager at Kelso School District
Kelso Education Association Representative and Teacher at Barnes Elementary
Senior Project Manager, Construction Services Group