Photography by Nickayla Hodges, a Senior at Kelso High School
As we begin the design work for our three new schools, and all the work we’re doing to improve the learning environments for our children, we’ve created some guiding principles to follow.
One of the major findings from our community surveys was that we have serious traffic flow issues around some of our schools. We hear you loud and clear. And we're starting to work on it. We purchased 11 properties around Wallace and Butler Acres Elementary Schools to...
- Provide security cameras/access control system
- Replace asphalt in parking and playground areas
- Upgrade façade and remove sunscreens
- Replace windows
- Provide new addressable fire alarm system
- Replace galvanized steel domestic water piping with copper tubing
- Replace boiler and hydronic piping
- Replace pneumatic controls with DDC controls
- Improve parking/circulation
- Repair drainage issues
- Build four new classrooms
- Replace phone system