VOTE by February 11, 2020Ballots will be mailed on or around January 24, 2020. They must be returned to a ballot drop-box or postmarked by February 11, 2020. For the levy to pass, over 50% of voters must vote yes.
Why do we need this levy?
This levy supports school programs, teachers, and staff not fully funded by the state. It will:
- Maintenance of grounds, facilities, and playfields
- Supports for at-risk students
- Student safety: counselors, health professionals, school resource officers (SROs)
- Smaller class sizes
- Special education teachers and paraprofessionals
- Robust fine arts & music programs
- Extracurricular & co-curricular activities, clubs, and athletics
- Counseling & mental health supports
- Early learning & academic achievement
- STEM related training & student opportunities
- Career exploration & opportunities
- Technology & instructional materials
How much money will go into the new Huntington Middle School? This major modernization has a budget of $30.1 million and includes: Replacement of all major MEP (mechanical/HVAC, electric, plumbing) Office relocation and new school entry Second gymnasium Significant...
With the anticipated opening of the new Lexington Elementary and subsequent closing of Beacon Hill and Catlin Elementaries, Kelso School District is reviewing proposed boundary changes. The suggested changes would impact approximately 1,000 students (or 20 percent)...
As part of the construction and modernization bond approved by voters in 2018, Huntington Middle School will undergo a $30 million modernization expecting to take 18 months to complete. Planned improvements are as follows: Replacement of all major MEP...